Type
Subject
Showing 1 - 10 of 1786 Results
  • Dedication of the First Synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Societ

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64386

    Summary: Dedication of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), in 1907. There is a large crowd gathered around the synagogue, which was a tent erected with the help of donor Bath-Seva Fleishman. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • First Synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64385

    Summary: Exterior view of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This tent, donated by Mrs. Bath-Sheba Fleishman of Omaha, Neb., was erected in 1906. Signage on the roof and next to the door is in Hebrew. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Patient in Bed at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64406

    Summary: A row of beds at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified male patient reading a book is in the farthest bed. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Tent on Grounds of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64405

    Summary: This medical services tent at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) Sanatorium near Edgewater, just west of Denver, Colo., was dedicated March 26, 1905. A sign on the door reads: ''Laboratory and Dispensary.'' The sign over the door reads: ''Minsker Independent Benevolent Ass'n. New York City.'' The sign to the right of the door reads: 'This tent erected and furnished by the Minsker Independent Benevolent Association of New York.'' Early patients and staff were housed in Tucker Tents, which were shelters that helped contain the highly contagious tuberculosis while allowing air to pass through at all times. A boardwalk in the foreground (with doormat) connects this tent to others in the complex. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Biochemical Laboratory at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64419

    Summary: Interior of the Biochemical Laboratory in the I. Rude Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Dentist Office at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64413

    Summary: Interior of the dentist office at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Early Construction at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64428

    Summary: Construction of the original brick building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. C. D. Spivak sits far left and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sits beside him. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Groundbreaking of Original Rotunda Hospital at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64427

    Summary: Groundbreaking ceremony of the original rotunda hospital on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Later this building became the National Council of Auxiliaries office building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is pictured with the trowel and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is pictured to his left. Builder Abraham Judelowitz is standing to the right and wearing overalls. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Rude Building Conference Room at Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64420

    Summary: Interior of the I. Rude Medical Building Conference Room, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Several chest X-rays are on display throughout the room. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • St. Louis Auxiliary Staff House at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64426

    Summary: Exterior of the St. Louis Auxiliary Staff House on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.