Record ID: B229.01.0003.0015
Component Level: Item
Abstract: Silent black and white film depicting a poker game, an Atlantic City convention, a Nebraska vs. Pittsburgh football game, the Mayo Clinic, and Dick Robinson.
Record ID: B229.01.0005.0001
Component Level: Item
Abstract: Color orientation film depicting the role of the Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children in the care for asthmatic youth.
Summary: Delegates to the 59th Annual Convention of the Internation Order of B'nai B'rith are posed in front of the Guggenheim Pavilion at National Jewish Hospital. The men in suits and the women in dresses and hats are standing and sitting in five rows. Other buildings can be seen in the background. Six men are watching behind a brick wall to the left of the building.The convention was held in Denver in June 1911.
Summary: Dedication of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), in 1907. There is a large crowd gathered around the synagogue, which was a tent erected with the help of donor Bath-Seva Fleishman. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Summary: One of the buildings on the National Jewish Hospital at Denver's campus. The inscription on the architrave of the building reads, ''Joseph E. Shoenberg Memorial.''
Summary: Exterior view of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This tent, donated by Mrs. Bath-Sheba Fleishman of Omaha, Neb., was erected in 1906. Signage on the roof and next to the door is in Hebrew. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Summary: Aerial view of National Jewish Hospital's campus in Denver, Colorado at Colorado and Colfax. The campus covers 15 acres and includes a rehabilitation center, research center, pediatric building and others. The hospital was founded in 1899 with the motto, ''None may enter who can pay...none can pay who enter.''
Summary: Exterior of the B'nai B'rith building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. This building was located at 3800 East Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado. Initially it was an infirmary for adults but later became the Department of Pediatrics. A gymnasium, two classrooms, recreation and rehabilitation facilities were later added.
Summary: Exterior of the Chest Research Laboratories on the campus of National Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado.
Summary: A group of children in one of the classrooms at National Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado. Teachers were provided by the Denver Public School System and young patients were able to complete all grade and high school requirements while admitted to the hospital.