Type
Subject
Showing 1 - 10 of 4372 Results
  • The Frightful Silence of Dachau by Dr. Ali Kuci, 2011

    Record ID: B354.01.0001.00014

    Component Level: Item

    Creator: Morillon, Oscar

    Creator: Kuci, Ali, 1914-1948

    Abstract: Art book with a black cover, written and designed by Oscar Morillon, a student in Martin Mendelsberg's Visual Sequencing class at Rocky Mountain School of Art and Design. Based on the life of Dr. Ali Kuci, a tuberculosis patient at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society.

  • 59th Annual Convention of the International Order of B'nai B'rith

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64059

    Summary: Delegates to the 59th Annual Convention of the Internation Order of B'nai B'rith are posed in front of the Guggenheim Pavilion at National Jewish Hospital. The men in suits and the women in dresses and hats are standing and sitting in five rows. Other buildings can be seen in the background. Six men are watching behind a brick wall to the left of the building.The convention was held in Denver in June 1911.

  • Dedication of the First Synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Societ

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64386

    Summary: Dedication of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), in 1907. There is a large crowd gathered around the synagogue, which was a tent erected with the help of donor Bath-Seva Fleishman. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • First Synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64385

    Summary: Exterior view of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This tent, donated by Mrs. Bath-Sheba Fleishman of Omaha, Neb., was erected in 1906. Signage on the roof and next to the door is in Hebrew. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Dr. Allan Hurst in a Group of Unidentified Physicians

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64404

    Summary: Dr. Allan Hurst (center) standing in a crowd of unidentified physicians. They are standing in front of the B'nai B'rith Building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. Dr. Hurst was medical director of the hospital from 1945 to 1951. He also served in a consulting capacity as medical director of the National Home for Jewish Children and the Ex-Patients Tubercular Home. Photo is printed reversed.

  • National Jewish Hospital's Board of Trustees

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64390

    Summary: Portrait of National Jewish Hospital's Board of Trustees stands on steps of an unidentified building, which was probably located on the hospital's campus. First row left to right: M. D. Barnett, Rabbi William Friedman, two unidentified men, and Dr. Robert Levy. Second row left to right: Sam Cohen, Ernest Morris, Sam Grimes, Sam Fleisher, and Arthur Friedman. Row 3 left to right: Michael Baum, three unidentified men, and Morris Cohen. Row 4 left to right: Dr. Adelman, an unidentified man, and David Harlem.

  • Patient in Bed at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64406

    Summary: A row of beds at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). An unidentified male patient reading a book is in the farthest bed. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Portrait of Dr. Charles Spivak

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64389

    Summary: Formal head and shoulders portrait of Denver physician Dr. Charles Spivak, who served as executive secretary of the Jewish Consumptives Relief Society from 1904 until his death in 1927.

  • Tent on Grounds of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64405

    Summary: This medical services tent at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) Sanatorium near Edgewater, just west of Denver, Colo., was dedicated March 26, 1905. A sign on the door reads: ''Laboratory and Dispensary.'' The sign over the door reads: ''Minsker Independent Benevolent Ass'n. New York City.'' The sign to the right of the door reads: 'This tent erected and furnished by the Minsker Independent Benevolent Association of New York.'' Early patients and staff were housed in Tucker Tents, which were shelters that helped contain the highly contagious tuberculosis while allowing air to pass through at all times. A boardwalk in the foreground (with doormat) connects this tent to others in the complex. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

  • Tuberculosis Patient Receiving Physical Therapy

    URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:64403

    Summary: A young girl receiving physical therapy at National Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado. The girl is recovering from tuberculosis which may have had a role in the difference of her leg lengths.