Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.). New York Ladies' Auxiliary
First unit of what became the JCRS' National Volunteer Organization.
Found in 36 Collections and/or Records:
Appreciation and plaque for the New York Ladies' Auxiliary at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Hospital, undated
Scope and Contents From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Overview Excerpt of a letter from L. Bloch. Bloch tells Spivak that the man she wrote to Spivak about two weeks ago is leaving for Denver tomorrow. Bloch asks Spivak to admit Bernstein and ensure that he is taken care of because it is a very important case. Bloch reminds Spivak that the party the recommended the case to Bloch can do a lot of good for JCRS.
Dates: 1911 April 4
Group in Front of the New York Ladies Pavilion at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1910-1919
Overview A group of people stand in front of the New York Pavilion at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the front row, eighth from the right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanitorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Laying Cornerstone of the New York Ladies Auxiliary Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1908
Overview A group of people attend a ceremony for the laying of a cornerstone at the New York Ladies Auxiliary building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) on April 19, 1908. The building was a round, red brick building that housed the less contagious tuberculosis (TB) patients. Rabbi C. E. Kauvar, in a top hat, stands on one side of the cornerstone and Abraham Judelovitz, in coveralls, stands on the other side of the cornerstone. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz with no hat, stands to Rabbi Kauvar's...
Overview Handwritten letter from Mrs. Harry Shapiro, secretary of the New York Ladies' Auxilary of the Jewish Consumptive Relief Society of Denver, asking that Solomon Kohnfelder be admitted to the Sanatorium of the JCRS. Letter is signed and dated.
Dates: 1910 November 29
Overview Typed letter from Dr. Charles Spivak to Mrs. Harry Shapiro, informing her that Solomon Kohnfelder has been admitted and is a patient at the Sanatorium of the JCRS. Letter is dated but unsigned; "Secretary" is printed at the bottom.
Dates: 1910 December 03
Overview Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to F.E. Shapiro. Spivak tells Shapiro that her kind letter regarding Max Cooper was referred to him last Saturday. Spivak informs Shapiro that he will take care of the case and have Mr. Cooper admitted to the sanatorium as soon as possible. Although there was not any vacancy at the time of writing the letter, Spivak says that he will make room for Cooper soon. Spivak hopes that Shapiro is enjoying her summer rest and signs the letter, “Secretary” at the bottom.
Dates: 1910 June 28
Overview Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to Mrs. Florence Shapiro informing her that Fred Rosner was invited for admission to the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society. Spivak hopes that Rosner's stay at JCRS will be beneficial for his health. He signs the letter "Secretary" at the bottom.
Dates: 1909 May 12
Overview Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to Mrs. F.E. Schapiro informing her that Louis Russcal was invited for admission to the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society. Spivak trusts that Russcal’s stay at JCRS will be beneficial for his health. He signs the letter "Secretary" at the bottom.
Dates: 1911 May 2
Overview Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to F.E Shapiro informing her that Davis Diamond was invited for admission to the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society. He signs the letter "Secretary" at the bottom.
Dates: 1911 March 15