National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)
Est. 1899, National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives changed its name several times, subsequently being known as National Jewish Hospital (1925) becoming National Jewish Hospital and Research Center (1965), National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (after merging with the National Asthma Center in 1978), National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985), and then renamed as National Jewish Medical and Research Center (1997). Name changed to National Jewish Health (2008). See http://www.nationaljewish.org/about/
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Campus of National Jewish Medical and Research Center. The campus sat on 14 acres and had 12 buildings, which was approximately 500,000 square feet at the time this photograph was taken in 1997. It is located at the intersection of Colfax Avenue and Colorado Boulevard in Denver, Colorado.
Dates: circa 1997
Overview Exterior of the B'nai B'rith building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. This building was located at 3800 East Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado. Initially it was an infirmary for adults but later became the Department of Pediatrics. A gymnasium, two classrooms, recreation and rehabilitation facilities were later added.
Overview Three buildings of National Jewish Hospital can be seen across a road. The largest building has a banner which says "National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives."
Dates: between 1900-1930
Overview A postcard with a drawing of a "Birdseye view of the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives, Denver, Colorado, A Free Hospital for the Poor Consumptive" from around 1915. Traffic of horse drawn wagons, cars, and a trolly are shown on Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado.
Dates: circa 1915
Overview Exterior of the National Rehabilitation Center on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. Social Workers, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists worked there to help patients reshape their lives.
Scope and Contents Contains 1 postcard with drawing of the campus National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives, showing 9 buildings.
Dates: circa 1915