Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)

 Organization

Est. 1899, National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives changed its name several times, subsequently being known as National Jewish Hospital (1925) becoming National Jewish Hospital and Research Center (1965), National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (after merging with the National Asthma Center in 1978), National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985), and then renamed as National Jewish Medical and Research Center (1997). Name changed to National Jewish Health (2008). See http://www.nationaljewish.org/about/

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Biographical Newspaper Clippings and Speech, 1900-1942

 Series
Identifier: B242.01
Scope and Contents Materials include photocopies of the 1899-1900 and 1900-1901 Jewish Year Book entries for Seraphine Pisko as president of the Hebrew Ladies' Benevolent Society and president of the Jewish Relief Society, a photocopy of a Denver Times newspaper clipping about Seraphine Pisko's fundraising efforts for National Jewish Hospital (1901), a photocopy of her obituary in the Rocky Mountain News (1942), and a facsimile transcription of a speech written to honor her at her 75th birthday party in 1936.

Biographical Newspaper Clippings and Speech, between 1900-1942

 File
Identifier: B242.01.0001.0001
Overview The folder include photocopies of the 1899-1900 and 1900-1901 Jewish Year Book entries for Seraphine Pisko as president of the Hebrew Ladies' Benevolent Society and president of the Jewish Relief Society, a photocopy of a Denver Times newspaper clipping about Seraphine Pisko's fundraising efforts for National Jewish Hospital (1901), a photocopy of her obituary in the Rocky Mountain News (1942), and a facsimile transcription of a speech (circa 1931) written to honor her at an anniversary party...

Organizational Letterhead, Invitation and Program, between 1922-1942

 File
Identifier: B242.02.0001.0002
Overview The folder contains materials created by two organizations with which Seraphine Pisko was affiliated: National Jewish Hospital and National Council of Women. Included are two pages of blank letterhead (1925) from the National Council of Women and one page of blank letterhead from National Jewish Hospital (undated), which feature Pisko's name and titles in the margins. In addition, there is a 1922 National Jewish Hospital Trustees' invitation to a dinner dance and the dedication of the Louis D....