National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)
Est. 1899, National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives changed its name several times, subsequently being known as National Jewish Hospital (1925) becoming National Jewish Hospital and Research Center (1965), National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (after merging with the National Asthma Center in 1978), National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985), and then renamed as National Jewish Medical and Research Center (1997). Name changed to National Jewish Health (2008). See http://www.nationaljewish.org/about/
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Exterior of the B'nai B'rith building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. This building was located at 3800 East Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado. Initially it was an infirmary for adults but later became the Department of Pediatrics. A gymnasium, two classrooms, recreation and rehabilitation facilities were later added.
Overview Dr. Emanuel Friedman, a pediatrician in Denver, Colorado, seated at his office desk. He originally came to Colorado because of tuberculosis. After recovering his health, he opened his office on West Colfax Avenue in the immigrant community and was one of Denver's first pediatricians. He graduated from Denver's Gross Medical College in 1904 and also served on the medical staff at National Jewish Hospital and the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society.