National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)
Est. 1899, National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives changed its name several times, subsequently being known as National Jewish Hospital (1925) becoming National Jewish Hospital and Research Center (1965), National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (after merging with the National Asthma Center in 1978), National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985), and then renamed as National Jewish Medical and Research Center (1997). Name changed to National Jewish Health (2008). See http://www.nationaljewish.org/about/
Found in 24 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Brief description of several early Jewish leaders of commerce, philanthropy, religion, and community as well as several Jewish lawyers, doctors, merchants, and politicians in Colorado.
File — Box: B005.04.0185
Scope and Contents 13 folders with historic documents out of 18 folders.
File — Box: B005.07.0201
Overview Dr. Allan Hurst (center) standing in a crowd of unidentified physicians. They are standing in front of the B'nai B'rith Building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. Dr. Hurst was medical director of the hospital from 1945 to 1951. He also served in a consulting capacity as medical director of the National Home for Jewish Children and the Ex-Patients Tubercular Home. Photo is printed reversed.
Overview Dr. Emanuel Friedman came to Colorado in the late 19th century when he was diagnosed with tuberculosis. He graduated from Denver's Gross Medical College in 1904. After recovering his health, he opened his office on West Colfax Avenue in the immigrant Jewish community and became one of Denver's first pediatricians. He also served on the medical staff at National Jewish Hospital (NJH) and the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The collection consists of copies of photographs of...
Overview Dr. Emanuel Friedman, a pediatrician in Denver, Colorado, seated at his office desk. He originally came to Colorado because of tuberculosis. After recovering his health, he opened his office on West Colfax Avenue in the immigrant community and was one of Denver's first pediatricians. He graduated from Denver's Gross Medical College in 1904 and also served on the medical staff at National Jewish Hospital and the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society.
Overview Ten men stand in a row at National Jewish Hospital. Left to right are Earl Morris, Dr. Louis Adelman, Alfred Grauman, Dr. Charles Kaufman, Milton Guldman, Rabbi W.S. Friedman, Ed Johnson, Jacob Wolff, Walter Appel, and Sam Schaefer .