Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)

 Organization

Est. 1899, National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives changed its name several times, subsequently being known as National Jewish Hospital (1925) becoming National Jewish Hospital and Research Center (1965), National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (after merging with the National Asthma Center in 1978), National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985), and then renamed as National Jewish Medical and Research Center (1997). Name changed to National Jewish Health (2008). See http://www.nationaljewish.org/about/

Found in 413 Collections and/or Records:

Patients Completing Needlework at National Jewish Hospital, circa 1915

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00014
Overview Copy photograph of unidentified female patients completing needlework and crafts as part of a rehabilitation program at National Jewish Hospital in Denver Colorado. Photo is printed in reverse.
Dates: circa 1915

Patients Outside at National Jewish Hospital, circa 1915

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00013
Overview Copy photograph of unidentified patients laying outside in the open air at National Jewish Hospital in Denver Colorado. Photo is printed reversed.
Dates: circa 1915

Physicians Training at National Jewish Hospital, 1961

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00015
Overview A group of unidentified physicians receiving training at National Jewish Hospital. One physician appears to be leading the training and is standing in the front of the room examining chest x-rays.
Dates: 1961

Plaque for Frances Wisebart Jacobs Statue, circa 1987

 Item
Identifier: B063.08.0039.00052
Overview Metal plaque mounted on wood and engraved with ''Frances Wisebart Jacobs; After her death in 1892, the Frances Jacobs Hospital was erected on this site. It was the forerunner of the present institution, and was established through the love and gratitude of the people of Denver to memorialized a noble pioneer, Denver's 'Mother of Charities'''.
Dates: circa 1987

Playground at Hofheimer Children's Building, between 1899-1920

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00049
Overview Eight images of children playing on the playground at the Hofheimer Children's Building at National Jewish Hospital.
Dates: between 1899-1920

Portrait of Dr. Robert Levy, between 1930-1939

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00010
Overview Formal portrait of Dr. Robert Levy. Dr. Robert Levy came to Denver in 1879 as a student at the University of Denver. He started practicing medicine in Denver in 1884 after training at Bellevue Hospital. He was an organizer, in 1890, of the Jewish Hospital Association of Denver, which later became National Jewish Hospital. Dr. Levy was a longtime board member of National Jewish and was chairman of the Medical Advisory Board. He was also instrumental in the organization of Denver Clinical...
Dates: between 1930-1939

Portrait of Dr. Robert Levy, between 1930-1939

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0031.0003.00001
Overview Formal portrait of Dr. Robert Levy. Dr. Robert Levy came to Denver in 1879 as a student at the University of Denver. He started practicing medicine in Denver in 1884 after training at Bellevue Hospital. He was an organizer, in 1890, of the Jewish Hospital Association of Denver, which later became National Jewish Hospital. Dr. Levy was a longtime board member of National Jewish and was chairman of the Medical Advisory Board. He was also instrumental in the organization of Denver Clinical...
Dates: between 1930-1939

Portrait of Milton Anfenger

 Item
Identifier: B091.01.0001.0001.00005
Overview A portrait of Milton Anfenger seated in an armchair.
Dates: 1924-1949

PR Booklets, between 1950-1980

 File
Identifier: B005.06.0185.0012
Scope and Contents Publicity booklets for National Jewish Hospital.
Dates: between 1950-1980

Secretarial Training at National Jewish Hospital, 1961

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00010
Overview Two women part of the secretarial training at National Jewish Hospital. The training was part of a vocational training program for patient rehabilitation at the hospital.
Dates: 1961