National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)
Est. 1899, National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives changed its name several times, subsequently being known as National Jewish Hospital (1925) becoming National Jewish Hospital and Research Center (1965), National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (after merging with the National Asthma Center in 1978), National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985), and then renamed as National Jewish Medical and Research Center (1997). Name changed to National Jewish Health (2008). See http://www.nationaljewish.org/about/
Found in 158 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Dr. Allan Hurst (center) standing in a crowd of unidentified physicians. They are standing in front of the B'nai B'rith Building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. Dr. Hurst was medical director of the hospital from 1945 to 1951. He also served in a consulting capacity as medical director of the National Home for Jewish Children and the Ex-Patients Tubercular Home. Photo is printed reversed.
Dates: between 1947-1950
Overview Dr. Emanuel Friedman came to Colorado in the late 19th century when he was diagnosed with tuberculosis. He graduated from Denver's Gross Medical College in 1904. After recovering his health, he opened his office on West Colfax Avenue in the immigrant Jewish community and became one of Denver's first pediatricians. He also served on the medical staff at National Jewish Hospital (NJH) and the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The collection consists of copies of photographs of...
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The collection includes annual reports, correspondence, limited patient records, meeting minutes, financial statements, reports, scrapbooks, photographs, sound discs, and objects from 1899 to 2007. The items reveal patient demographics and characteristics as well as detailed information regarding the early treatment of tuberculosis.
Overview Exterior of the first building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. This building was known as the Frances Jacobs Hospital and was founded in 1899. In 1907, the name of the hospital changed to the National Asthma Center. It later became the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital, National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (1978), and National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985).
Dates: between 1899-1902