Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Denver

 Organization

Sources

The first reference to Colorado Seminary was in The Rocky Mountain News of November 27, 1862: “ a board of Trustees, composed of the solid men of Denver, has been organized to superintend the erection of a seminary building… for an academic education.”
Sources Breck, "From the Rockies to the World"
University of Denver votes to adopt quarter system in 1929.
Sources "University Adopts New Quarter Plan; Vote Unanimous," The Denver Clarion, vol. 34, no. 19, November 26, 1929, 1.
First year Hillel organization features full programming at DU

Citation

Jan. 30, 1974, letter to faculty, U172._.0003, Hillel folder

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Central City Opera House Association Records

 Collection
Identifier: M123
Overview The Central City Opera House Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1931 to manage and preserve the Central City Opera House located in Central City, Colorado and to direct annual summer opera festivals. Heirs of Peter McFarlane, a Central City businessman who owned the Opera House prior to 1931, donated the building to the University of Denver in 1931. The real estate holdings of the University of Denver were transferred back to the Association in 1982. The Association held...
Dates: 1931-2015

University of Denver Historic Maps Special Collection

 Collection
Identifier: M345
Overview

This collection contains maps assembled for interpretive use in support of the various collections, and illustration of the areas in which the various University of Denver campus buildings have been located over time.

Dates: 1849-1958