University of Denver
The first reference to Colorado Seminary was in The Rocky Mountain News of November 27, 1862: “ a board of Trustees, composed of the solid men of Denver, has been organized to superintend the erection of a seminary building… for an academic education.”
Sources Breck, "From the Rockies to the World"
University of Denver votes to adopt quarter system in 1929.
Sources "University Adopts New Quarter Plan; Vote Unanimous," The Denver Clarion, vol. 34, no. 19, November 26, 1929, 1.
First year Hillel organization features full programming at DU
CitationJan. 30, 1974, letter to faculty, U172._.0003, Hillel folder
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Central City Opera House Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1931 to manage and preserve the Central City Opera House located in Central City, Colorado and to direct annual summer opera festivals. Heirs of Peter McFarlane, a Central City businessman who owned the Opera House prior to 1931, donated the building to the University of Denver in 1931. The real estate holdings of the University of Denver were transferred back to the Association in 1982. The Association held...