University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.
CitationBreck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.
Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.
University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Partial roll of 35 mm. film negatives of individual and group portraits of the University of Denver (DU) Pioneers men's lacrosse team, taken at Hilltop Stadium on April 20, 1971.
Overview The University of Denver Pioneers men's lacrosse team and coaches pose for a group portrait at the DU football stadium in Denver, Colorado in May 1970.
Overview The University of Denver Pioneers men's lacrosse team poses for a group portrait at the DU stadium on April 4, 1971.