University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.
CitationBreck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.
Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.
University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Four female cheerleaders dance on the sidelines at a football game at University of Denver Stadium while a male cheerleader looks on. The cheerleaders are wearing sneakers, knee-length skirts, DU sweaters, and headscarves. In the background, football players standing on the sidelines, piles of snow, and the South High School building are visible.
Abstract Black and white print of University of Denver Chancellor Chester Alter and homecoming queen Barbara Jean Davis standing on the football field at University of Denver Stadium while Clarence Myhre speaks at a microphone and various persons in military uniform stand at attention.
Abstract An unidentified man takes a photograph of two women, apparently a University of Denver student and her mother, at the bottom of the bleachers in University of Denver Stadium during Parents Weekend.
Dates: between 1960-1969
Abstract The ROTC Sponsor Corps and other military organizations parade on the University of Denver Stadium field while military officers stand at attention. The Field House Arena building and a scoreboard are visible in the background.
Dates: 1951 May
Abstract Black and white print of unidentified female ROTC Sponsor Corps Members and male ROTC cadets standing at attention on the University of Denver Stadium football field.
Dates: 1953 May
Abstract Aerial view of the University of Denver University Park campus in the early 1940s. In foreground, left to right: University Hall; Iliff School of Theology, and the Mary Reed Building (then the Mary Reed Library). In middle, left to right: the Alumni Gymnasium, Margery Reed Hall, Buchtel Memorial Chapel, and Science Hall. In background: DU Hilltop Stadium, before the construction of the Field House Arena.