Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)

 Organization

Scope Note

Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.

Citation

Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.

Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.

University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Fourth Annual Denver Post Charity Football Game, Chicago Cardinals vs. Washington Redskins and Colorado High School All Stars North vs. South, D. U. Stadium, Aug. 26, 1950, 1950

 Item
Identifier: U300.03.0007.00061
Overview Program for the Fourth Annual Denver Post Charity Football Game featuring the Chicago Cardinals vs. Washington Redskins and Colorado High School All Stars North vs. South at D. U. Stadium on Aug. 26, 1950. Program includes: player sketches, 1950 football rule changes, team rosters, statistics, team and individual player portraits, article by Denver Post Sports Editor Marvin McCarthy. Cover illustration by Larry Tisdale.
Dates: 1950