University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.
CitationBreck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.
Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.
University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Close-up view of the University of Denver (DU) Stadium football scoreboard.
Overview Front view of the University of Denver Stadium football scoreboard in Denver, Colorado. Scoreboard fields read: ''Public Service Company of Colorado. Quarter: Visitors: Denver: Down: Yards to Go:'' and the game clock is visible.
Overview University of Denver (DU) Pioneers men's football player attempts to avoid a block by an opposing University of New Mexico Lobos defender as he chases a player (42) in possession of the ball on his way to a touchdown. The scoreboard in the background shows no score and a first down with ten yards to go for the opposition in a game at the University of Denver Stadium in Denver, Colorado on October 20, 1955.