University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.
CitationBreck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.
Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.
University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Aerial view of the University of Denver campus taken from the east in Denver, Colorado. The University of Denver Stadium, Centennial Halls, Centennial Towers, and the General Classroom Building (GCB) are visible.
Dates: between 1967-1971
Overview Aerial view of residence halls on the University of Denver campus in Denver, Colorado. Includes the University of Denver's Hilltop Stadium, and downtown Denver in the background.
Dates: between 1958-1973