University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.
CitationBreck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.
Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.
University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Contact sheet from partial roll of 35 mm. photographic negatives taken of the University of Denver Pioneers men's golf team at the DU stadium in Denver, Colorado. Head men's golf coach Murray Armstrong is pictured, far right.
Overview University of Denver Pioneers men's golf team, with coach Murray Armstrong, pose for a group portrait at the DU stadium in Denver, Colorado. Pictured are (l-r): Paul Kunkel, David Bassett, Nick Hackstock, Randy Hoidahl, Denny English, Steve Stitt, Gary Longfellow, unidentified, and Murray Armstrong.