Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)

 Organization

Scope Note

Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.

Citation

Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.

Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.

University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

University of Denver Men's Track and Field Team Member, between 1950-1960

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0002.00120
Overview University of Denver (DU) Pioneers men's track and field team member performs the high jump at the University of Denver Stadium in Denver, Colorado.

University of Denver Men's Track and Field Team Member, between 1960-1970

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0003.00029
Overview University of Denver Pioneers men's track and field team member performs the long jump at the DU stadium in Denver, Colorado.

University of Denver Men's Track and Field Team Member Warren Blair, 1953 May 16

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0002.00090
Overview University of Denver Pioneers men's track and field team member Warren Blair performs the high jump at the DU football stadium in Denver, Colorado on May 16, 1953.