University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.
CitationBreck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.
Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.
University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Family night and the Montana U – DU Football game to occur at Hilltop Stadium, Friday October 8, 1954. The Pioneer Caravan goes to Wyoming on October 2, 1954 for their football game against the University of Wyoming at Laramie. The marching band to strut their stuff during the halftime show at the University of Wyoming game on October 2, 1954. Fraternity bids due October 3, 1954. Homecoming set for November 6, 1954. Senate plans class elections for 1954 – Skid Pirtle elected.
Overview University of Denver Pioneers marching band performs at halftime during a near-capacity men's football night game, in a formation that spells out ''DU,'' at the DU football stadium in Denver, Colorado.