Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Denver Stadium (Denver, Colo.)

 Organization

Scope Note

Groundbreaking of the stadium began in 1925. Football stadium opened to a game with Colorado School of Mines in 1926. It was later demolished in 1971 and replaced by tennis courts and fields.

Citation

Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.117); “Football Victory Caps Formal Dedication of Huge Pioneer Stadium,” University of Denver Clarion, vol. 31, no. 3, October 7, 1926, 1.

Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg. 183); Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume S: page 33, 36.

University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Communique. (1971). [U123.01.0009.0023].
Scope Note Use for: Hilltop Stadium (Denver, Colo.)
Ground Breaking for the "Hill Top" Stadium in 1925.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Dedication of Stadium on October 2nd, 1926.
Sources “Stadium- Groundbreaking/Dedication, 1925 – 1926,” University of Denver Buildings Collection. [U123.01.0009.0020]; University of Denver. Special Collections and Archives. University of Denver Buildings Collection. Dedication program. [U123.01.0009.0020].

Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:

University of Denver Stadium, 1925

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0060.00050
Overview University of Denver (DU) Pioneers football spectators sit in the stands of the stadium.
Dates: 1925

University of Denver Stadium, 1954 September

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0388.00061
Overview University of Denver (DU) Pioneers men's football stadium filled with spectators.
Dates: 1954 September

University of Denver Stadium, 1950 November

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0388.00062
Overview University of Denver (DU) Pioneers men's football stadium filled with spectators.
Dates: 1950 November

University of Denver Stadium, between 1925-1930

 Item
Identifier: U300.01.0388.00070
Overview Exterior view of the University of Denver (DU) Pioneers men's football stadium filled with spectators.
Dates: between 1925-1930