Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

University of Denver. School of Architecture and Planning

 Organization

Sources

1946-1952.
School of Architecture and Planning established in 1946.
Sources Breck, A.D. (1996). From the rockies to the world (pg.143); Board of Trustees – Volume O: page 41.
School of Architecture and Planning closed in 1952.
Sources Pioneer, March 1952, pg. 5; Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume P: page 104.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Caleb Frank Gates Papers

 Collection
Identifier: M024
Overview Born in Constantinople, Turkey, Caleb Frank Gates (1903-1955) received his Ph.D. from Princeton University. He served two terms as Chancellor at the University of Denver, from 1941-1943 and 1946-1947. Under Gates' leadership the University instituted the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management, the School of Architecture and Planning, and the School of Aeronautics. The papers include correspondence, memos, blueprints, photographs, pamphlet, questionnaire, grant application, reports,...

School of Architecture and Planning Records

 Collection
Identifier: U004
Overview The University of Denver, Denver, Colorado supported its School of Architecture and Planning from 1946-1952. A combined venture of the College of Arts and Science, the College of Business Administration and the College of Engineering, the School offered a 5-year bachelor degree with minors in Architecture, Physical Planning, Architectural Construction and Interior Design. Professor Carl Feiss was the first director. By 1952, the School had not applied for accreditation and had...