Skip to main content

University Park Guild (Denver, Colo.)

 Organization

Formerly called: University Chapel Guild, then University Guild. The Constitution of the University Chapel Guild was adopted October 10, 1912. In 1930 the group changed its name to University Guild.

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Oral History Interview with Helen Driscoll, 1986

 Item
Identifier: M054.01.0001.00010
Abstract Helen Driscoll discusses commercial and residential development in the University Park area of Denver, Colorado since 1950 and affirms that the residents were chiefly legal, medical, and academic professionals. She describes the activities of the University Park Guild, which was closely associated with the University Park Methodist Church, and the University Park Book Review. She also discusses changes that took place in the neighborhood, including the change in public transportation from the...
Dates: 1986

Oral History Interview with Mr. and Mrs. Frank O'Donnell, 1986

 Item
Identifier: M054.01.0002.00009
Abstract Mr. and Mrs. Frank O'Donnell answer questions from Curtis Klinghammer during an interview in Denver, Colorado, in 1986. The O'Donnells relate their memories of the University Park area of Denver, Colorado, saying that the neighborhood was like a friendly, small town when they moved there in the fall of 1945. They discuss the large number of farms in the area where people raised roosters, chickens, and other animals, noting that the rural atmosphere was accentuated by the lack of stop signs and...
Dates: 1986

University Guild Records

 Collection
Identifier: M220
Abstract

The University Guild began as an organization to help fund the roof of the University of Denver Chapel in 1912. It gradually became less of a fund-raising organization and more of a voice for support of community arts and culture. The records of the group include minutes, organization histories and memorabilia related to the group's activities.

Dates: 1912-1982