Skip to main content

Congregation Oheb Zadek (Denver, Colo.)

 Organization

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Boy's Choir at Congregation Oheb Zadek, circa 1920

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0006.00008
Abstract Ten choirboys wearing tallaisim pose for a portrait with choir leader Sydney Grossman. The Oheb Zedek Congregation, or the ''Marion Street Shul'' as it was also known, broke away from the BMH Synagogue in 1911, then reunited with it in the 1940s. Sydney Grossman, son of merchant Abraham Grossman, is pictured standing third from the left. He later became an attorney and prominent leader in Denver's Jewish community as president of both the Jewish Family and Children's Service and the BMH...
Dates: circa 1920

Congregation Oheb Zedek, circa 1978

 Item
Identifier: B063.06.0014.00020
Abstract Exterior view of the former Congregation Oheb Zedek known as the Marion St. Shul. At the time of the photograph the building was Cleaves Memorial CME Church.
Dates: circa 1978

Cornerstone, 1919

 Series — Object: B212.00001
Identifier: B212.00001
Abstract Granite cornerstone Oheb Zadek Congregation engraved with "Organized 1909 Oheb Zadek Congregation Erected 1919."
Dates: 1919

Moe Katz on Atwood Colony and Various Synagogues, 1979 May 20

 Item
Identifier: B098.01.0003.00045
Abstract Moe Kattz is interviewed on the Atwood Colony, 10th Street Shul (Shearith Israel), living on 11th Street, the Marion Street Shul (Oheb Zadek) and Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol.
Dates: 1979 May 20

Oheb Zedek Congregation, 1931

 File
Identifier: B125.01.0001.0005
Abstract Summary of recorded minutes concerning the consolidation of the Oheb Zedek with B.M.H.
Dates: 1931