Congregation Oheb Zadek (Denver, Colo.)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Series — Object: B212.00001
Abstract Moe Kattz is interviewed on the Atwood Colony, 10th Street Shul (Shearith Israel), living on 11th Street, the Marion Street Shul (Oheb Zadek) and Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol.
Dates: 1979 May 20
Abstract Summary of recorded minutes concerning the consolidation of the Oheb Zedek with B.M.H.
Abstract Oheb Zadek congregation was founded by a group which broke away from the Beth HaMedrosh Hagadol Congregation (BMH)in 1910. During 1920's it had become the second largest congregation in Denver. The congregation met in various local halls until 1919, when it built a brick structure at 22nd and Marion. The cornerstone is from the "Marion Street Shul." By the 1940s the splinter congregation had returned to BMH and building was sold because of financial problems.
Dates: Other: 1919