Skip to main content

AMC Cancer Research Center (Denver, Colo.)

 Organization

Phone call, 2-22-88 to the Center, director's office (Jewish Consumptive Relief Society; f. 1904; name changed 1954 to American Medical Center; in 1970's renamed AMC Cancer Research Center and Hospital; in late 1970's/early 1980 reorg. as AMC Cancer Research Center; independent, nonprofit, research organ.; small hospital attached but function primarily research)

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

AMC Cancer Research Center Records

 Collection
Identifier: B360
Abstract In 1954 Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) changed its mission to cancer research and became the American Medical Center and later known as the AMC Cancer Research Center. AMC completely merged with the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in 2014. Collection contains board of trustee's minutes, committee minutes, reports, AMC By-laws, name plates, posters, publications, programs, photographs, and scrapbooks related to the AMC Cancer Research Center from 1957 through 2012....
Dates: Other: 1904-2012

Brochures, circa 2000

 File
Identifier: B353.05.0001.0028
Abstract Publicity brochures on the Isaac Solomon synagogue and museum.
Dates: circa 2000

Fundraising, 1997-2012

 File
Identifier: B353.05.0001.0022
Abstract Notes and correspondence regarding fundraising.
Dates: 1997-2012

Otoscope and Ophthalmoscope Diagnostic Set, 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B002.16.0324.00002
Scope and Contents Ear, nose, throat, and eye diagnostic set used at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society in a brown Naugahyde rectangular case with a metal clasp on outside. The top is labeled "Medical Dep't U.S. Army." The inside has orange colored velvet lining and three inner sections. The case is filled with six pieces, including a opthalmoscope for examining eyes.
Dates: 1940-1960

Wood Film Holders, circa 1907

 Item
Identifier: B002.16.0324.00004
Abstract Two Premo Camera wood plate or film holders for the Premo camera that were used at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society. The larger film holder was a 3A film holder that was for exposing postcard size photographs. The holders have two black sliders that pull out to make two prints. Between the sliders is a rust-colored paper. The film holders were manufactured by the Eastman Kodak Company as successor to the Rochester Optical Company.
Dates: circa 1907