AMC Cancer Research Center (Denver, Colo.)
Phone call, 2-22-88 to the Center, director's office (Jewish Consumptive Relief Society; f. 1904; name changed 1954 to American Medical Center; in 1970's renamed AMC Cancer Research Center and Hospital; in late 1970's/early 1980 reorg. as AMC Cancer Research Center; independent, nonprofit, research organ.; small hospital attached but function primarily research)
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Copies of articles pertaining to the history of JCRS and AMC ranging from 1915-2010. Infomation regarding the merger with University of Colorado, tax exmeption history and a highly critical article on AMC director Marvin Rich by the Westword.
Abstract Information about the history and organization of AMC separated into seven different sections: The History of AMC, AMC Organization, Clinical Research Center, National Health Program, Marketing/Publicity, Development/Fundraising, and National Council of Auxilaries. Materials were originaly in a 3 ring binder.
Abstract Misceallaneous campaign drive publications from between 1950-2000.
Abstract Application materials for the Colorado State Historic fund including a copy of the application, directions for applying, requests for letters of support and notes from the AMC staff working on the grant.
Abstract File contains copies of the walking tour of the AMC (formerly JCRS) campus. Tour script includes general historical information as well as information speciific to particular buildings. Maps of the campus are included. Building information includes date built, square footage and current (1997) use. Spivak family tree also in file.
Abstract File contains six different written histories of JCRS, AMC and why Jews immigrated to Colorado. File also contains a bibliography from Dr. Jeanne Abrams thesis with used an abundance of JCRS files and a list of Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the US.
Dates: circa 1990
Abstract The National Council of Auxiliaries began in 1906 in New York by a group wishing to raise funds and spirit for a friend at JCRS. The folder contains three copies of the "National Council of Auxiliaries: Hisotry" booklet, as well as a printed document containing some of the same information in the publication. Also included in this folder are some other miscellaneous materials: 2008 photograph of volunteers at a luncheon, and three copies of letters from AMC accepting the retirement of chapters.
Abstract The Beth Jacob Synagogue stands on the JCRS?AMC campus and is the oldest religious building still standing in its original locations in Lakewood. An inventory of the foundation holdings in storage at the Caretaker's Cottage on the Lakewood Historic Center grouds as of June 2004 is included. Also in the file is a sponsorship packet for the JCRS Isaac Solomon Historic Synagogue Foundation, an article on the foundation and the Beth Jacob Synagogue from the Denver Post and a foundation newsletter....
Abstract Written history of the National Register of Historic Places, two copies of the application for the JCRS campus, copies of nomination letters and a National Register of Historic Places brochure.
Abstract Newpaper clippings and copies of clippings with articles about AMC, people associated with AMC and its auxiliary organizations.