Colorado Women's College
- Existence: 1888-1973
College created in 1888 as Colorado Woman's College. Its name changed to Temple Buell College in 1966, and changed again to Colorado Women's College in 1973 and merged into the University of Denver in 1982.
Sources Card Catalog. Administration- Board of Trustees.
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract External view of Colorado Women's College Park Hill campus Denver, Colorado. Students are walking in the foreground and an unknown building is in the background.
Dates: between 1960-1982
Abstract A Colorado Women's College recreational female golfer lines up a shot as a fellow CWC golfer places the golf ball on the tee.
Dates: between 1940-1960
Abstract Four Colorado Women's College (CWC) students demonstrate a ''flying angel'' tumbling routine on a gymnastics mat. A basketball net and backboard are visible in the upper left hand corner. Photograph reproduced in the 1953 Colorado Women's College Skyline.
Abstract Joyce (Axton) Jamison was a student at the Colorado Women's College from 1949-1951. She remained active in the alumni community. She married Francis (Frank) Jamison, a Denver judge and graduate from the University of Denver Law School in 1956. Her older sister Virginia Axton Hughes was also an alum of the Colorado Women's College.
Dates: 1949-2000; Majority of material found within 1949-1951
Abstract Nancy Hall Chase attended the Colorado Women's College from 1962-1964 and received an AA. She then transferred to University of Denver and finished her business degree in 1967.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1962-1964
Abstract Virginia Axton Hughes attended the Colorado Women's College in 1940 and 1941. She collected two of her yearbooks containing significant handwritten messages, autographs, and other yearbook messages.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1940-1941
Abstract The image depicts three unidentified students on Johnson & Wales University campus at the Weekend College program for the University of Denver, on Colorado Women's College campus, in 11/1988.
Dates: 1988 November