Allied Jewish Community Council of Denver
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
The Allied Jewish Community Council of Denver was established in 1949 with goals to unite the Jewish community of Denver and work to coordinate charitable activities and the advancement of the Jewish community in Denver. Collection contains administrative papers, surveys, pamphlets and brochures relating to the Allied Jewish Community Council of Denver.
(3) file folders include: Administrative papers; Allied Recreation Survey (1955); A Study of Denver Jewish Youth (1971). Assorted pamphlets and brochures c. 1960.
File Folder four: certificate of citizenship, service certificate from the Denver United Service Organization men's center, service award from the Allied Jewish Community Council of Denver, and memorial book from Elizabeth Bronfin's service.
Fund raising dinner for the Allied Jewish campaign. Seated at the head table left to right are an unidentified woman, Tillye Levy, Alyce Lemle, Ida Mintz Cohen, Fanny Grimes, and Rabbi Herbert Friedman.
Mary Jacobs (1902-1994) grew up in Denver and was involved extensively with social service organizations in Denver including the National Council of Jewish Women, which she was President of Council 1954-55, Jewish Family and Children's Services and the Allied Jewish Community Council. The Mary Jacobs Papers contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, programs, by-laws, speeches, notes, board meeting agenda, newsletters and notebooks related to Mary Jacobs from 1950 through 1988.
- Archival Object 4
- Collection 3
- Denver (Colo.) 4
- Charity organization 3
- Jews -- Charities 2
- Rabbis 2
- Administration 1
- Awards 1
- Citizenship 1
- Colorado 1
- Fund raising 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) 1
- Jewish children 1
- Jewish families -- Colorado 1
- Jewish women -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Jews 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Charities 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Memorial service 1
- Organization 1
- Philanthropists 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Social service -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Women in charitable work -- Denver (Colo.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less