Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Werner Drug

 Organization

In 1941, the Werner family moved from Missouri to Denver, and Joe opened Werner Drug on the corner of 8th and Broadway, across the street from Rickenbaugh Cadillac. Werner Drug featured a large soda fountain, and in addition to filling prescriptions, also sold cigarettes, cigars, toiletries, candy, film, and liquor. It also offered watches brought in by Joe's brother Barney, as well as nurses uniforms, which were placed in the store on consignment. Joe ran Werner Drug until 1958, when he went into the nurses uniform business before retiring a few years later.