Dr. Charles Spivak Educational Institute
__ __ __"Spivak Educational Institute... This organization, at 1453 Lowell Boulevard, was sponsored by the Workman's Circle, and had opened January 27, 1935. It possessed some of the extensive library of Dr. David Spivak, and was open for study and discussion groups as well as for musical performances." Allen Breck, The Centennial History of the Jews of Colorado 1859-1959 (Denver: The Hirschfeld Press, 1960), 275.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Collection contains materials from the Spivak Institute including, a spiral bound notebook in Yiddish of notes from Yiddish Reading Circle for Women- 1958-60, a copy of ''More Yiddish in Denver, '' a leather bound bank book from 1927, five bound record books 1939-1962, two file folders include: pamphlets in Hebrew, Hebrew newsclippings, documents regarding Workman's Circle all in Hebrew.
Dates: Other: Majority of material found within 1927-1962