Denver and Gross College of Medicine
- Existence: 1902 - 1911
Formed by the merger of the Denver College of Medicine with the Gross Medical College in 1902.
Denver and Gross College of Medicine merges with the University of Colorado Medical College. (July 14, 1911)
Board of Trustees Minutes – Volume G: Page 267; Clarion, May 4, 1910, pg. 1.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Denver and Gross College of Medicine Records
The Medical Department of the University of Denver, established in 1881, merged with its competitor, Gross Medical College, to form the Denver and Gross College of Medicine in 1903. It was housed on the University of Denver campus until its transfer to the University of Colorado in 1912 when it terminated its relationship with the University of Denver. The records consist of legal documents, correspondence and other materials ranging from 1899 to 1912.
University of Denver Downtown Denver Campus, between 1902-1911
Exterior view of (left to right) University of Denver (DU) Denver and Gross College of Medicine laboratory building, dispensary, first Colorado Seminary Building, and Haish Building between 13th and 14th Streets on Arapahoe Street in downtown Denver, Colorado.