Skip to main content

Albert O. Corwin Commercial Photographs

 Organization

Photography studio in Denver, Colorado.

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00030
Abstract Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Seven men and one woman stand on the steps of a building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from the right and all others are unidentified. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1930-1940

Dr. M. Chernyk with Visitors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00048
Abstract Dr. M. Chernyk, Medical Director of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), with two unidentified visitors. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1940-1960

Employee Chanukah Party at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1947

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00049
Abstract Men and women at a Chanukah party for employees of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). In the background are photographs from JCRS and a sign that says: ''43 Years of Progress, History of the J.C.R.S. in Pictures, 1904.......1947.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue...
Dates: circa 1947