University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center began at the University of Colorado in Boulder in 1883 and moved to Denver in the 1920s. In 1912, the Gross Medical College, which had been part of the University of Denver, became part of the University of Colorado at Denver and DU discontinued its medical college.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Abraham J. Kauvar graduated from the University of Denver, Denver, Colorado in 1935 and earned a Doctor of Medicine in 1939 from the University of Chicago. He served as Professor of Medicine and Associate Dean of University of Colorado Medical School, and conducted research at the Eleanor Roosevelt Institute for Cancer Research. He was instrumental in founding the Neighborhood Health Program in 1965. He was manager of the Denver Department of Health and Hospitals and also served as director of...