Skip to main content

Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)

 Organization

Found in 24 Collections and/or Records:

Banquet for Auxiliaries and Board Members of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00009
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries and board members of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) that was held in the main dining room at the JCRS. Pictured are Noah W. Allen, J.A. Sharoff, Israel Friedman, Ben Friedland, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Perlmutter, Mrs. Israel Friedman, Mr. and Mrs. Dave Abramson. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver,...
Dates: between 1950-1970

Banquet for Auxiliaries and Board Members of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00012
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) and American Medical Center (AMC). Pictured are Mr. and Mrs. Sam Chutkow with Mr. and Mrs. Charles Winocur. AMC was located on the grounds of the former Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium...
Dates: between 1950-1970

Banquet for Auxiliaries and Board Members of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00013
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) and American Medical Center (AMC). Pictured are David Abramson and Henry Rubenstein. AMC was located on the grounds of the former Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West...
Dates: between 1950-1970

Banquet for Auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00010
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Pictured are Dr. and Mrs. William Klein and at the second table Ben Friedland with Mr. and Mrs. Henry Schwartz. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1950-1970

Banquet for Auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and American Medical Center, between 1950-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00011
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) and American Medical Center (AMC). Pictured are Robert Gamzey, Mrs. Harvey Kaminsky, Charles Winocur, Noah W. Allen, David L. Abramson. AMC was located on the grounds of the former Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in...
Dates: between 1950-1970

Banquet for JCRS and AMC Auxiliaries, between 1940-1970

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00008
Abstract A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) or American Medical Center (AMC). Pictured are Ben and Belle Perlmutter, as well as William Alterman. AMC was located on the grounds of the former Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was...
Dates: between 1940-1970

Bed Endowment Plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00052
Abstract Bed endowment plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1920-1960

Bed Endowment Plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00054
Abstract Bed endowment plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1920-1960

Cornerstone of New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1914

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00006
Abstract A group of people at the cornerstone ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The engraved cornerstone that says: ''Erected by the New York Ladies' Auxiliary. J.C.R.S., 5674, 1914'' is being placed. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands center left, Dr. Charles Spivak stands center, and Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along...
Dates: circa 1914

Dedication Plaque of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, after 1929

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00055
Abstract A plaque of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The plaque was given in appreciation of help in furnishing the Texas Women's Pavilion. The plaque says: ''In appreciation, of their help in furnishing, the Texas Women's Pavilion, this tablet is dedicated to, Daniel A. Levy Fort Worth, Texas, G. A. C. Halff San Antonio, Texas, S. P. Ladin Houston, Texas, Gladys A. Garonzik Dallas, Texas, Charles Robinson Waco, Texas, 1929.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that...
Dates: after 1929