Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)

 Organization

Found in 34 Collections and/or Records:

Bed Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1928

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00038
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the center, to the left of the man holding a plaque and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is to the right of the man holding the plaque. The dedication appears to be conducted on a stage. A large American flag is hung up behind the group of people surrounding the bed. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with...

Bed Endowment Plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00052
Overview Bed endowment plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Bed Endowment Plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00054
Overview Bed endowment plaques of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Cincinnati Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Bed Dedication, after 1926

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00030
Overview The Cincinnati Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Bed Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Philip Hillkowitz hods a bed plaque that says '' ENDOWED BY, THE CINCINNATI JEWISH CONSUMPTIVES, RELIEF SOCIETY, 1921.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax...

Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary Bed Dedication, after 1917

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00017
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary donated the bed pictured. Dr. Charles Spivak stands in the back to the right and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands in back center. An unidentified woman holds a plaque that reads: ''Cleveland Ladies Auxiliary, J.C.R.S., 1917.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading...

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Overview Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dedication of the First Synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1907

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00002
Overview Dedication of the first synagogue of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), in 1907. There is a large crowd gathered around the synagogue, which was a tent erected with the help of donor Bath-Seva Fleishman. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dedication of the I. Rude Medical Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1919

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0021.00001
Overview A large crowd gathered in front of construction at the I. Rude Medical Building during the dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Isadore Rude was a leading Denver Jewish philanthropist. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dedication of the Sanitarium at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Program - cover and back page, 1904

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0173.00001
Scope and Contents From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.

Dedication of the Sanitarium at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society Program - inside pages, 1904

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0173.00002
Scope and Contents From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.