Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)
Found in 4786 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Four pages handwritten letter in pen from S.S. Garson to Dr. Charles Spivak, 1471 Knox Court, Denver, Colo. Part of the letter is in Yiddish, and part is in English. In English, is written that a woman called Garson sobbing, and Mrs Glick, and ex-patient of the sanatorium begged him to accomodate the lady who called. He also states that the doctor is not doing his fall duty if he is directing them to places where they have no other obligation to the patient than taking their money. He states...
Dates: 1909 December 08
Abstract Handwritten Yiddish letter. Month is in Yiddish, but the letter is from 1909, 17. "Lieberman, Sophie" is readable, and the rest of the letter is in Yiddish. Signature is unreadable.
Abstract Newspaper cutout completely in Yiddish, dated 1911.
Abstract Part of a note vound in wall of tent prior to restoration of tent in 2007. The tent was re-dedicated to the Judd family on December 16, 2007. There is an English translation.
Dates: 1926 July 4
Abstract Team portrait of a youth basketball team of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1940-1955
Abstract The Mrs. Rebecca Zundelowitz Room Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak stands far left and Dr. Isidor Bronfin stands third from left with six unidentified men. Plaque on the door reads, '' THIS ROOM ENDOWED BY, MRS. REBECCA ZUNDELOWITZ, WICHITA FALLS, TEXAS, 1925.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and...
Dates: after 1926