Shoenberg, Joseph E.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract One of the buildings on the National Jewish Hospital at Denver's campus. The inscription on the architrave of the building reads, ''Joseph E. Shoenberg Memorial.'' Built in 1912, the building housed the vocational training school and other classrooms for the National Jewish Health.
Dates: between 1900-1950
Abstract In 1911, Oscar and Anne Morrison sold a parcel of land in Jefferson County to New Yorker Louis D. Shoenberg. He had red brick buildings built, with plans to donate to the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives (NJH) as a memorial to his son who had died of tuberculosis. In 1912, the Dudley C. Shoenberg Memorial Farm was donated to Denver’s National Jewish Hospital. NJH opened in 1900 to treat tuberculosis patients. Louis Shoenberg began in the clothing business in boom town Leadville,...