Sigman, Louis K., 1881-
Louis K. (L.K.) Sigman was born in New York 1881 and came to Denver at the age of eight. In 1903 he married Theresa Cohen, daughter of Yitzchak Cohen. L.K. Sigman worked delivering meat in his father-in-law's butcher shop. In 1905 L.K. Sigman founded the Denver Packing Company in 1902 and in 1909 he merged his company with the Klink and Bourk Packing Company located at 1538 Blake St., Denver, Colorado. Beginning in Christmas of 1931 and continuing until 1941, L.K. Sigman gave away an average 60,000 pounds of meat each Christmas. The first year over 10,000 people waited in front of the Denver Post building to receive packages of meat.
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Brief biographies of Jewish Cowboys, Cattlemen, and Poultry Growers in Colorado. Written and directed by Jeanne Abrams for the 2015 RMJHS Dinner.
Joseph Sigman and his daughter Sara Sigman Schonbrun are shown inside his grocery store on King and West Colfax, Denver, Colorado. Bread, canned and packaged are on the counters and stacked on shelves. Barrels, bagged and boxed potatoes, a carton of rice, and a stove-pipe heater are on the floor. Joseph Sigman was the father of Louis K. Sigman. This is a reprint of the original photograph.
Louis K. Sigman and his sons Morris and Sam Sigman sit in automobiles in front of the K. & B. Packing and Provision Company's store. Each automobile has ''The K. & B. P. & P. Co.'' on the door. This is a digital copy of the original photograph.
This series covers Louis K. Sigman and his company, the K. & B. Packing Company. There are newspaper clippings, a handwritten personal history, and a photograph of Louis K. Sigman.
A group of men and two children stand in front of the K. & B. Packing and Provision Company's store on Blake street in Denver, Colorado. Louis, Sam, and Morris Sigman are in the front row and Robert Lazar Miller is in the second row. This is a digital copy of the original photograph.
Group photograph of luncheon attendees at the 152-acre club, west of Denver at 6800 W. Jewell Ave. on unincorporated land next to Lakewood. The club was founded in 1928 by 8 Jewish business and political leaders at a time when many Denver social institutions barred Jews from membership. The President, the Judge and others sit at the head table. This is a digital copy of the original photograph.