Wagner, Stanley M.
Rabbi. Married to Renee Rabinowitz.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Brief biographies of Jewish pioneers and histories of Jewish influence in Colorado. Contains historical photographs and interviews with descendents of Jewish pioneers.
Overview Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Congregation (BMH-the Great House of Study) was establsihed in 1892 in a group of rented rooms above co-founder Henry Plonsky's shoe and boot store on Larimer Street in Denver, Colorado. It officially incorporated in 1897 and grew to become Denver's largest modern Orthodox Jewish congregation. The congregation was first housed at 24th and Curtis Streets and then erected a new building at 16th and Gaylord. In 1969 BMH moved to its present location at 560 S. Monaco...
Overview The Center was founded by Rabbi C. E. Kauvar and Rabbi Stanley Wagner at the University of Denver. Collection contains correspondence and administrative records from the Center of Judaic Studies from 1975-1988.
Overview Left to right Rabbi Stanley Wagner, Mrs. Renee Rabinowitz, and two unidentified men at the head table at the Elie Wiesel Tribute Dinner hosted by the Center for Judaic Studies at the University of Denver.
Dates: 1987 June 08
Overview Stanley M. Wagner was born in 1932 in Brooklyn, New York and ordained at Yeshiva University. He was the spiritual leader of BMH-BJ from 1972-1997. He received 6 post graduate degrees, founded the University of Denver's Center for Judaic Studies in 1975, and co-founded the Mizel Museum of Judaica in 1982. 1970-1972, he was the executive vice-president of the religeous zionest (mizrachi). He was directory of the Center for Judaic Studies from 1975 until he retired in 2006. As part of the Center...
Dates: Other: 1950-2002