Rhoda Friedman was an early member of the Colorado Committee of Concern for Soviet Jewry and collected most of the materials for the collection. She helped organize and participated in many of the protests. She also wrote letters to the editor and to Soviet prisoners.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Various materials and correspondence related to Soviet Jewry.
Various materials and clippings from "Exodus," published by Soviet Jewry Action Group, located in San Francisco.
Discusses the inception, development and evolution of the Colorado Committee for Concern for Soviet Jewry. The group formed to advocate for the rights of Soviet Jews.
Most of the records consist of letters, educational materials, bulletins and published newspaper accounts of activities by world-wide, national and local groups on behalf of Soviet Jews. Rhoda Friedman collected most of this material. The Records also have scrapbooks about Lillian Hoffman.
- Archival Record 4
- Collection 1
- Denver (Colo.) 4
- Jews, Soviet 4
- Refuseniks 4
- Soviet Union 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2
- Correspondence 2
- Jews 2
- Nonprofit organizations 2
- Antisemitism 1
- Assimilation (Sociology) 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Charities 1
- Jews -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Jews -- Cultural assimilation -- United States 1
- Newsletters 1
- Oral histories 1
- Political prisoners 1
- Protest and social movements 1
- Publications 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) 1
- Social advocacy -- Colorado -- Denver 1
- Student protesters -- Colorado -- Denver 1 ∧ less