Schayer, Charles Milton, 1837-1890
Schayer arrived in Denver by covered wagon in 1865 after a 7 week journey with his wife Ricka Saft (1847-1921). He came to join his brother Simon and established the C.M. Schayer Store, a wholesale wine and liquor business. The store was located at 409 Blake Street in Denver, Colorado. For many years he led religious services and was a founder of the Hebrew Benevolent Society and the Hebrew Cemetery Association.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The Independent Order of B'nai B'rith Lodge 171, Denver, Colorado, was a pivotal Jewish philanthropic and social service organization in Denver from 1872 through today. This fraternal organization received a charter from the National Order of B'nai B'rith on April 7, 1872. David Kline was the first president and Louis Anfenger was the first secretary. Charles M. Schayer served as president in 1876. The B'nai B'rith Denver Chapter created Colorado's Anti-Defamation League, the Mountain States...