Dr. Emanuel Friedman originally came to Colorado because of tuberculosis. After recovering his health, he opened his office on West Colfax Avenue in the immigrant community and was one of Denver's first pediatricians. He graduated from Denver's Gross Medical College in 1904 and also served on the medical staff at National Jewish Hospital and the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Letter from C.D. Spivak to H. Schwatt telling him to kindly admit I. Greenberg as an emergency case to the sanatorium. Spivak tells Schwatt that Dr. E. Friedman reported that Greenberg had a hemorrhage last Saturday and is very sick.
Dates: 1911 September 12
Abstract Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to N.P. Levin asking him to admit Max Cohen to the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society as an emergency patient. Spivak tells Levin that Dr. E. Friedman recommended his case to the sanatorium. He signs the letter "Secretary" at the bottom.
Dates: 1910 June 14
Abstract Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to N.P. Levin requesting that C.W. Waldman is admitted into the sanatorium as an emergency case. Spivak tells Levin that he received a note from E. Friedman that stated that Waldman should be admitted as soon as possible. Spivak also mentions that Mr. Disraelly phoned his office several times regarding Waldman's case.
Dates: 1910 April 23
Abstract Typed letter from C.D. Spivak to N.P. Levin regarding the admission of Jennie Goodman to JCRS. He tells Levin that Dr. E. Friedman advises that Goodman be admitted immediately because she is in poor condition.
Dates: 1910 April 11
Abstract Prescription note from Dr. Emanuel Friedman to C.D. Spivak. Friedman informs Spivak that Annie Cray is suffering from a hemorrhage and asks him if she can be admitted to the sanatorium as an emergency case.
Dates: 1910 June 20
Abstract Handwritten note from Dr. E. Friedman to C.D. Spivak. Friedman informs Spivak that Mr. Elphan had a pulmonary hemorrhage and he has no one to take care of him. The note is signed, “E. Friedman” at the bottom.
Dates: 1910 June 7