Judelovitz, Abrahm (Avram), 1866-1942
- Existence: April 15, 1866 - June 24, 1942
Judelovitz, Avram was born in Mitau, Russia on April 15, 1866. He married Fannie Rose Baer on June 15, 1886 in Schaulen, Lithuania-Russia. Avram and Fannie Judelovitz came to New York in July 1886. They moved to Colorado a year later. Fannie died in 1929. Abraham married Mrs. Mae Kahn in 1931. Avram was a contractor, builder, and in real estate 1918-1927. He co-founded the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the Ex-Patients Tubercular Home. He was called as a consultant several times by the Soviet Government for construction work. In 1931 he was called to Russia and was a chief advisor to John Alexandrob, one of the three men in charge of the Soviet five year reconstruction plan. Later, he was consulted by the Bulgarian government. He built and installed iron work in the Broadway Theater in Denver, and supervized the building of many public structures, including the B.M.H. Synagogue, the Home Public Market, the Union Bank Building, and buildings at JCRS, of which he was a founder. He died on June 24, 1942 after a year-long illness. His wife Mae Kahn survived him, as well as nine children: Edward, Samuel, Ben, Robert Judd, Mrs. Sarah Meer, and Mrs. Mollie Tavel, all of Denver; George of North Platte, Nebraska; Phil of Butte, Montana; Simon of San Francisco; 16 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Rabbi Kauvar officiated his services. Abraham is buried in Rose Hill cemetery. An obituary for Abraham Judelovitz can be found in the Intermountain Jewish News paper from June 26, 1942.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract Groundbreaking ceremony of the original rotunda hospital on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Later this building became the National Council of Auxiliaries office building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is pictured with the trowel and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is pictured to his left. Builder Abraham Judelowitz is standing to the right and wearing overalls. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen...