Kauvar, Belle Bluestone
Wife of Rabbi Charles Eliezer Hillel Kauvar (1879-1971).
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Sam Levenson, Adolf Kiesler, Rabbi Charles Kauvar and his wife seated at the Beth Israel Dinner on March 1, 1959. Beth Israel Hospital and Geriatric Center was founded in 1905 and was located on the west side of Denver at 16th and Lowell. Pictured are the Guldman and Dupler Buildings.
Dates: 1959 March 01
Overview The Denver Chapter of Hadassah was organized in 1915. Hadassah is a Zionist organization that combine the Jewish emphasis on social welfare with the ideology of Zionism. The Denver Chapter continues to support Israel and to promote health awareness, education, and Zionist youth programs. The minutes, programs, publications, and scrapbooks and scrapbooks reflect the history of a Jewish women's organization with programs in Israel and Denver.
Overview Rabbi Charles E. Hillel Kauvar was a rabbi for 69 years at the Beth Ha Medrosh Hagodol (The Great House of Learning) Synagogue in Denver, Colorado. He was also a professor of rabbinical literature at the University of Denver for 43 years and helped establish the Center for Judaic Studies at the University. After he retired from teaching, the University of Denver honored him by establishing a Kauvar Chair of Hebraic Studies. Rabbi Kauvar was born in Vilna, Lithuania in 1879 and began as rabbi...