Laderman, Manuel, Rabbi, 1909-1989
- Existence: August 25, 1909 - November 27, 1989
Rabbi Laderman was born 8/25/09 in New York City and became Rebbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance in 1932. He died in Denver on November 27, 1989.
Citationfound: His Letters of faith, c1991: t.p. (Rabbi Manuel Laderman) p. xiii (b. 8-25-1909 in New York City; became rabbi of the Denver Congregation Hebrew Education Alliance in 1932; d. 11-27-89)
Rabbi Manuel Laderman (August 25, 1909 - November 27, 1989) was a Rabbi at the Congregation Hebrew Educational Alliance for 47 years, beginning in 1932. The Denver General Hospital dedicated the Regional Trauma Center to him on April 12, 1994. He earned his ordination in the early 1930s from the Hebrew Theological College, and then earned his Ph.D. in Theology. He was a professor at the Denver campus of the University of Colorado before serving the Congregation Hebrew Educational Alliance for 47 years. He spent 57 years as a Rabbi, and was widely recognized as one of the top ranking Denver clergymen from all faiths. He spent his life working on civil rights, improving relations between Jews and Christians. He helped the Allied Jewish Community Center to enlist the widest possible support of the United Jewish Appeal in order to relieve Jews in Europe after World War II. He also served with great distinction as chairman of the Denver board of Health and Hospitals, president of the Adult Education Council of Denver, Trustee of the Denver Symphony Society, and Board member of the Allied Jewish Federation, the American Red Cross and the American Medical Center.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview The Hebrew Educational Alliance confirmation class of 1943 are standing in two rows. Flowers are in front of the class and the girls are holding flowers. There is a painting of the ten commandments and decorative doves behind the class. Rabbi Manuel Laderman stands in the center of the first row. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was a modern Orthodox synagogue formally founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side.