The Science Hall Groundbreaking, 1911 November 15
A group of men observe in a semi-circle around chancellor Henry A. Buchtel (who clutches a spade) and Bishop William Fraser McDowell. The inscription identifies this as the groundbreaking for the Science Hall on November 15, 1911.
- 1911 November 15
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photo)
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
9 x 16 inches black and white
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten across the top of the image, "1. Bishop Lewis, 2. Bishop McIntyre, 3. Bishop McDowell, Former Chancellor 4. The Chancellor, Henry A. Buchtel; The Science Hall Ground Breaking, 15th November 1911." Handwritten down the right-hand side of the image, "5. The Rev. L.G. Naftzger of Indiana, 6. The Rev. O.W. Auman, 7. Professor Harrop, 8. Bishop Hughes, 9. Mr. Frank McDonough." Handwritten above each of the identified figures in the photo is their assigned number from the list, 1 through 9.
- Auman, Orrin W.
- Buchtel, Henry Augustus, 1847-1924
- Buildings -- Design and construction
- Denver (Colo.)
- Harrop, Arthur Henry
- Hughes, Edwin Holt, 1866-1950
- Lewis, Wilson S.
- McDonough, Frank
- McDowell, William Fraser, 1858-1937
- McIntyre, Robert, 1851-1914
- Science Hall (Denver, Colo.)
- Trust and trustees
- Universities and colleges
- University of Denver
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Office of Public Relations (Organization)