Jewish Family and Children's Service, 1947-1979
Language of Materials
Biographical / Historical
The Ex-Patients Tubercular Home was established in 1920 to help patients discharged from Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) by providing inexpensive housing and assistance with job placement. It served as a "halfway" house to ease former patients' transition back into society. The Ex-Patients Home operated for 54 years, and, due to financial struggles, it eventually merged with JCRS.