History: National Council of Auxiliaries, 1987-2008
The National Council of Auxiliaries began in 1906 in New York by a group wishing to raise funds and spirit for a friend at JCRS. The folder contains three copies of the "National Council of Auxiliaries: Hisotry" booklet, as well as a printed document containing some of the same information in the publication. Also included in this folder are some other miscellaneous materials: 2008 photograph of volunteers at a luncheon, and three copies of letters from AMC accepting the retirement of chapters.
From the Item: 1 Linear Feet : one records box
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Collection contains board of trustee's minutes, committee minutes, reports, AMC By-laws, name plates, posters, publications, programs, photographs, and scrapbooks related to the AMC Cancer Research Center from 1957 through 2012. The American Medical Center is the successor to JCRS. Additionally, some older material relating to JCRS is also in the collection dating back to 1904.