Interview with Arthur Scott Murrell, September 28, 1999, Interview 3, 1999 September 28
Interview with Arthur Scott Murrell on his relationship with astronomer Clyde W. Tombaugh, discoverer of the planet Pluto. Murrell talks about working for the Physical Science Laboratory at New Mexico State University and several telescope installations that he worked on with Tombaugh in the 1950s and 1960s, including one in Quito, Ecuador in 1957 and at New Mexico State University in the mid 1960s.
- 1999 September 28
- Digitization: 2006 May 16
- Beebe, Herb (Interviewer, Person)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: Materials in English, Spanish, and other languages.
Conditions Governing Access
Copyright to this resource is held by New Mexico State University. It is provided here for reference use only. The resource may not be downloaded, reproduced or distributed in any format without written permission.
1 items ; 29 minutes, 35 seconds
- Astronomers -- United States -- Biography
- Astronomy -- Observatories -- Ecuador -- History
- Murrell, Arthur Scott (Interviewee) -- History
- New Mexico State University. Astronomy Department -- History
- Observatories -- History
- Physical Science Laboratory -- History
- Telescopes -- Design and construction -- History
- Tombaugh, Clyde William, 1906-1997